Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Cutest Pumpkin in the Pumpkin Patch...

Don't you agree??








He was so adorable... and he sat up all by himself (well against the pumpkins). I was such a proud Mommy taking pictures. Gosh, I never realized how much you appreciate the littlest things once you become a Mommy. From him holding his head up, to grabbing things with his little hands, to his beautiful little angelic smiles. My favorite thing he does these days (which I know he doesn't realize he's doing it) is how he pats everything now. Like his little monkey toy, Ernie. He holds him with one hand and pats his head with the other hand. Sometimes he beats the 'you know what' out of him and we are DYING laughing. We say "Don't beat Ernie, be sweet to Ernie.." haha. I love when I am holding him and he starts patting my back. That just melts my heart. It's like he's saying, "Good job, Mommy." Lately I have been VERY carefully picking him up and holding him on my hip... which I haven't been able to do because of the G-tube. I hold him and say, "Look Daddy, I'm a hip baby!!" He's so cute. I must say that all day long. If someone was in my house all day, they would probably think I was pretty obsessed. I guess there's nothing wrong with being obsessed with your baby. That's probably a good thing.
He is still not breathing well at all and lately just hasn't been feeling good at all. Doctors said they think he has the stomach bug. He has been throwing up everything that goes in him. But he continues to AMAZE me. Even when he struggling to breathe.. and I mean struggling, he still gives us that wide mouth smile. And when he gives that wide mouth smile you can see CLEARLY his horrible mouth sores. How can this baby smile so much? He constantly sounds like a bear ready to attack when he's breathing. His crib in in our room at night and I feel like a have a grown man snoring right next to me... (and Randy doesn't snore). The little man's breathing is SO loud. Last night he was so uncomfortable and so restless. I feed him and changed him and he was still fussing and kicking... and that's not my baby. Usually he goes right back to sleep. He was having so much trouble breathing. I tried putting him in bed with me, I tried rocking him, I tried everything. I couldn't make him happy. So needless to say, we didn't get much sleep last night, but that's okay, I just thank God that I don't have to go to work and I can stay home with my baby. I was saying yesterday when I had to just randomly take him to the doctor that I don't know what I would do if I had to get up and work everyday. I mean we never know if we are going to be in the hospital for a week or going to be home, or going to be sick. It's exhausting. I schedule and cancel and reschedule doctors appointments so much during the day that sometimes I just want to flush my phone down the toilet. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a doctor who came to the house! ha.. that would be the life. I just worry so much about taking him in the doctors office and in the hospital. The hospital is where he probably caught this stomach bug to begin with!

Anyway, I love my little Tripp so much that if I could squeeze him, I know I would hurt him. So thank goodness I can't squeeze him. Lately, his baths have been somewhat better. He still screams a lot in the actual water, but when I do his dressings he is actually really good. He even gives smiles. Once again... HE IS AN ANGEL. Seriously, I really think he is. Did I mention he loves kisses... he is nothing like his Daddy (ha). He will sit in his little rocker and let you kiss ALL over him. I love that. His first words could possibly be "I love you." Because that is what he hears all day.

Have a great day... and do me a favor- tell the people you love.. that you love them, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. God Bless.









7 comments:

  1. A precious little pumpkin....
    Love you Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! For sure the cutest pumpkin in the patch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a beautiful baby...you know that though! I have prayed and will continue to do so for all of you. This will be a long and sometimes tiring journey and I will pray that you are all brought enough peace and patience.
    I look forward to updates.
    Oh, and I loooooove his room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog today through your Caring Bridge website. Tripp is a beautiful baby and is so happy. I will be praying for ya'll and the surgery tomorrow! April

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Patrice's blog. Now you have more people praying for your family. I believe in the power of prayer and the Mightiness of Our Father God. I know He has His hand on you, your husband and Tripp. I pray for His Peace to surround you and protect your heart for all that may lie ahead. May you be Blessed by His Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetheart! I found you through Jonah's blog too. Hope Tripp is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Roth Family: Found you through Jonah's blog too. My 8 month old granddaughter has JEB too. Looking at your beautiful son he has pretty much the same as Leah. The ears are always bleeding and the face is rubbed red but she too is such a blessing to our entire family. We love her and will now keep your beautiful son in our prayers too. God Bless your family.Take care. Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete