Saturday, November 14, 2009

Home again... with our Mini ICU

We are home again! With a mini ICU.  Here are the supplies we've accumulated since Tripp was born:

His feeding pump...




Humidifier...



Suction machine and Pulse Ox...



Portable Suction...



Apnea monitor...



Portable oxygen tank...



At home Oxygen machine...



Ambu bag and suction catheters...



Extra trachs, collars, masks, saline, nose suckers, etc...



And the power that runs it all... (old house means NO outlets, scary huh?)




But here's why we don't travel.  This is what we bring when we go ANYWHERE:




      






Try fitting more than about 4 of these big ole' diapers in your diaper bag with all the other Mepilex, gauze, feeding tube supplies, PLUS all the regular baby stuff you have to fit.  Needless to say, this bag NEVER zips.

BUT the most precious "supply" of all is our special baby boy...



























This was last night during dressing change.  He's been blowing us award winning bubbles lately with this nice cold he has... He thinks it's funny.  This is why Mommy is obsessed with her new nose suckers.



We are all exhausted after this week and now trying to unpack and get settled AGAIN.  I'll update again soon about how little man is doing at home!  Say some prayers that we can stay home for a while.
Thank you much for all the love and support.













12 comments:

  1. He is the cutest thing ever! I see you couldn't wait to photograph the antlers. I don't blame you... too stinkin' cute! I am glad your little guy can find something funny while enduring that nasty cold, though. I would probably laugh right along with him. BTW, the Ghostbusters shirt.... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you are home. Looks like lots of equipment, but I know you, like me, would do anything for your child! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys are home again!!!!! The picture showing off Tripps gorgeous eyelashes is beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a lot of stuff!! Supermom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with bubbles he has such a darling face! I love the pictures you post of him sleeping. I am so glad you are all back at home so soon.
    We are praying that you all are able to stay home and get well and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at all that equipment. I pray that you guys can stay home not just for a while, but for good. Tripp is so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a mini-hospital-in-your-house! Lots of euqipment and you're a pro at them all- what an amazing woman you are. Didn't know your real career was to be an RN, eh? :-) Tripp has the most GORGEOUS eyelashes, I am envious.
    You are a beautiful family and Tripp is never far from our thoughts and hearts. God be with you and lift your family up during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home sweet home. Praying you can stay awhile ;) He sure is a handsome little feller...I just wanna kiss him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness...you have more than a "mini" icu there! You're all stocked up...but it's for such an important little boy :)

    I love his ghostbusters shirt...so cute!

    I am saying a prayer things settle down and you guys get to stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could just nibble those cheeks...i can't even take it! he is too cute. I'm glad y'all are home. Hopefully for a while. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't tell you how happy I am that you guys are home again. My heart literally stopped when I read the caringbridge post about what happened. I was crying so hard I didn't think I could finish reading it. You are incredibly strong!!! I don't think I could have typed out what happened. When my daughter was 2 weeks old we had a nothing emergency scare (I mean really, she was breathing weird - turned out to be nothing) but for me, I still can't even tell the story of exactly what happened. It was so NOTHING compared to what you went through and then to be able to share that experience with us goes way beyond "strength"!

    I have to agree that his eyelashes are A-mazing! what a total cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. portable suction machine, autoclave supplier in India .

    ReplyDelete