Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ok, so I resort to begging...

Please meet
The CANNELL Family


Donnie and Karrie Cannell are from Lodi, CA.
They are a "his/hers/ours" family of TEN.  They have eight children between the two of them.  
Their oldest daughter, Jamie, was born with EB (Dominant Dystrophic) so they have experience in the physical and emotional part of caring for someone with this disease. 
They first found out about Carson through an EB help site called "EBfriends."

This is Carson.  He has EB.
He is in an orphanage in Eastern Europe.


The minute Donnie and Karrie saw him, they knew they wanted to adopt him. 
And through the (long) process of adopting Carson, they recently learned that Carson has an older brother!
His brother's name is John.  He also has EB.


Carson and John were seperated from each other about 2 years ago when John was sent to an institution  because he was too old for the orphanage.  

Donnie and Karrie will be adopting both Carson AND John. 
They are trying to bring these boys back together and home to the states to be a part of their family.

Here they are before they were seperated.


These boys HAVE EB. 
They are living without parents and without each other in an orphanage and an institution. 


SO... you might ask, "What's the problem?" 
The Cannell Family have already raised 
$11,360 towards adopting these boys.
They need about $35,000 more. 

They are working SO hard with tons of small fundraisers here and there. 
It's just not enough and not fast enough.  
Here's why:

THEIR PAPERWORK HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN SUBMITTED!!
The next step for them is their travel date!
This is HUGE. 
They could be traveling to their boys in a week to 4 weeks.

BUT...

They cannot bring these boys home without these funds. 
That is the only thing in the way of Carson and John coming home to the states to be with their new family.
So instead of all these small fundraisers that this family has been doing in the past 6 months (auctions, garage sales, scentsy parties, pancake breakfasts... etc), let's ALL come together to help them.
AND FAST!!

So here's the deal. 
And I'm just as guilty as anyone. 
(And I FEEL guilty for even asking this after everyone has been so generous to me)
But think about your most recent trip to the mall, or Target, or Wal Mart, where ever...
Think about that one thing that you bought after you said, "Do I really need this?" 
But you bought it anyway, right?  Of course.  We all do.  
Well I'm asking you... Ok, I'm BEGGING you- 
Take that $5, that $10, that $20- whatever you can- 
and click 
Then click the link on this family's page and donate that amount to them. 
They are trying to save these little boy's lives.  
They are trying to bring them home to a real family and show them what it feels like to be LOVED.
If you can help this family family save these boys by just going without that "one little thing" that you can't decide if you want to buy or not- PLEASE do.  PLEASE. 
This family has asked for my help in doing this-
so I'm asking for yours.  
I want so bad to get the email from Donnie and Karrie that they are holding their two boys in their arms.
And that their kids are playing and enjoying their new brothers.  
When I share that e-mail here on this blog again, 
I hope you can say that you helped bring those boys home.
Please help these boys become Carson and John Cannell.

I have 610 followers on this blog. 
If you each gave them $5- that would be $3,050.
$10- $6,100
$20- $12,200
GET MY DRIFT?? 
That would be huge to them!!
ANY amount would be huge to this amazing family!!

Please go to their page, and click on the link to donate. 

GO, GO, GO... 

PLEASE
and 
THANK YOU:) 

And if you don't want to donate through the link on their page, 
you can e-mail me and I can give you their address to mail a check directly to their home. 

Love,
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. What an amazing family! So glad you brought their story to our attention! I did what I could and will post this on my FB page so hopefully others will be moved to help, as well. Still praying for you all in Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! I can't wait to see a blog post where they get these boys now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I just love when I know exactly what and who I'm donating money too. The opportunity to help these two precious boys is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In honor of Tripp and Jonah, I happily donated money. God bless these boys and bring them home quickly to their forever family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!! WE LOVE the Cannells! We gave! Thank you so much for posting this! We love you and Tripp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave too...twice!

    You made a good point...yesterday I bought my son pokemon toys at Toy r us! He didn't need that much stuff, but he'd been very sick the last few days and I felt bad for him. How can I spend money on my son so easily, and not give to this wonderful family ...to bring these boys home to a family that will love and take such good care of them. To bring these boys back together. These boys don't even have a family or live together and I don't blink an eye to spend too much money on my son....well its time for a change! Thanks for waking me up!! I always give to people....but somehow I just give a little because its our hard earned money that we don't have enough of. Yet I could if I had the money drop hundreds on my son...a child that has too much already. These boys need the money far more then my son or me!!! I look forward to a blog post from this family stating that the boys are home! God Bless this family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just popped over and they are up to $12,673.00 and I know you've made that number rise today. What a wonderful gift you've given them by spreading their story. I couldn't give as much as I wish I could, but I gave what I could and that's what matters. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Done! Donated a piece of the puzzle for each member of Team Anderson (one of the pluses of having a big family!)

    Thanks for spreading the word about this - praying that the Lord will provide quickly!

    Love from TX,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine those little boys having to live in an institution without someone to care for and protect their skin.
    www.moveanymountian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Done! God moved mountains to fund our adoption for us and I know He'll do the same for this family. Having been to Ukraine and seen the living conditions of the children in the orphanages, my heart hurts to think of the suffering Carson & John have endured. I pray they are home with their family SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.tcmtreatment.com/images/diseases/0-Nagena.htm

    Hello,
    This breaks my heart. I am an herbalist mom of 8+. I wondered if you have tried natural remedies. I don't know anything about this except for general information, but I came across this site from China. We are adopting 2 special needs kids from there. This site came up on doing a search for your son's disease. I thought I'd post the information for you in case you might be interested. I don't know any further information about the case sited, or what they used. But, you could check it out. If you like me to, I'd be happy to do further research. shmily2bsilly@gmail.com
    God bless you as He already has.

    ReplyDelete